Multimedia Content is on the rise today and marketers are switching to multimedia content for better marketing. Podcasts, webinars, YouTube Videos, animated scripts, visual content, are examples of multimedia content useful for increasing awareness and nurturing leads.
As per the reports of Edison Research, 62 million Americans listen to podcasts every week.
Multimedia content can get you increased engagement and shares.
And if you also want to reap these benefits, include multimedia content on your website.
Let me give you five solid reasons.
- Multimedia content increases the time spent on your site
- Drive buyers into their next buying stage
- Helps you segment leads
- Benefits your SEO - every video content you upload contributes to your ranking
- Multimedia equates to stronger branding
In this article, you’ll learn how to create high-quality multimedia content like a boss with some tips for creating visual content, podcasting, video, and interactive content.
What is Multimedia Content?
Multimedia content specifically refers to visual-based content that is used for conveying the message to the audience. It includes streaming videos, images, audio files, and all sorts of animations.
The word multimedia is derived from two Latin roots.
1. Multi that means many
2. Media is defined as the word middle.
Hence, the word Multimedia used for the content that elaborates the involvement of several types of formats that play the role of a mediator in communicating the sender's objective to the receiver.
Moreover, this type of content always attracts the audience because of its visually appealing nature. Marketers always prefer to utilize various kinds of visual content marketing strategies to boost their traffic and conversion rates. Mostly, all the efforts and focus comes down to that featured image of a blog, slider of a website, or a video reference to content.
Well, It's simple, customers are anxiously diverted towards the visual media, whether it is a website, social media platform, or even a billboard.
Let's back it up with some legitimate statistics:
- According to a HubSpot survey, up to 54% of the consumers are keen to watch more video content on the platforms of their favorite brands and businesses.
- Additionally, they also mentioned that 70% of the companies consistently invest mainly in content marketing that involves multimedia content and visualization marketing strategies.
What Are The Types of Multimedia Content?
Since Multimedia has impacted almost every industry and niche, you must know the legitimate types of multimedia that can help you create an exuberant brand for yourself and notch up your business horizon by getting an edge over your competitors.
Here are the four major types of Multimedia Content that you should definitely incorporate in your marketing strategies from now on.
1. Video Content
If you leverage the video content to promote your brand or a product, there are high chances of you getting successful rather than using the same old traditional way of blog writing or other text formats.
But before getting into all the other crucial details, you must be aware of the right kind of video content or say the video content itself.
What is Video Content?
Video content is a visual format that is presented to the audience in the shape of a video. The most commonly used video content by the business in the current era are customer testimonials, webinars, live videos, presentations, gifs, and much more.
Why is Video Content Important?
Videos are the most compelling way of generating leads and maximizing your customer inflow.
Adopting a video marketing strategy is a robust move by businesses towards a successful future.
As long as search engines and Google algorithms are concerned, video content is more likely to appear on the top of the rankings.
As per the sources,
The term 'video' itself increases the chances by an estimated 55% of click-through rates - Cincopa.
Best Practices to Create Video Content
This effective form of multimedia content can be useful to you and your business as well. Here are some techniques from which you can reach high-end results.
● Personalize the Content : You can create video content by sharing your journey and the story of your brand. The success stories and experiences of dedication and passion always appeal to the audience's mind. Plus, it allows them to understand your brand even more.
● Use Social Media : You can utilize social media privileges and conduct live-streaming videos to gain higher engagement and build intense brand penetration.
● Product-Based Content : You can create separate videos for your products and highlight its benefits and features to the audience for better understanding.
● Gain Organic Traffic : If you seek more traffic and want to attain organic traffic, you can use Facebook and Instagram platforms and directly upload the video content there instead of sharing it.
● Extend Your Reach : If you already have a successful blog, use it to your advantage, and construct a video series for it. This will help you reach the top results of search engines, but you will also be able to optimize your reach in diverse mediums.
● Email Video Content : When working on the outreach methods for conducting email marketing, make sure that you add video content. It will not only hook the customer for a longer time, but it also increases the chase of hiring your customer's response rate.
● Organize and Schedule : Video content must be appropriately scheduled and should not make the audience feel irritated. Therefore, it is recommended that you organize a calendar for posting your content at an appropriate time. So avoid overdoing it!
Pardon me for interrupting your reading. Want creative video scrips for your Christmas marketing campaigns? Share your requirements with us, and we'll create a killer video scripts for your YouTube Channels and explainer videos. And your customers will thank you with their wallets. Learn more about video script writing services here.
There is one more area of multimedia content that you can tap into and explore a more fresh and reliable marketing experience. This version of content allows you to engage the customers for a longer run.
What is Podcasting?
In podcasting, brands or entities utilize digital benefits to record and broadcast their content that can be heard and downloaded by the listeners. You can engage with a captive audience that will be more likely to come back for your next podcast sessions.
Why is Podcasting Important?
In the current era of advanced technology and digitization, opportunities for reaching the customers are unlimited. Podcasting is a powerful flourishing medium in multimedia that helps businesses gain authority over their content and customers.
According to a report by Statista, podcasting is rigorously gaining popularity among the people of the United States, and there is an estimated increase of 20 million podcast listeners each year with the current number of 88 million listeners recorded in 2019. This suggests that by 2023, we can witness more than 160 million listeners in the country.
Best Practices for Podcasting
It is high time that you invest in your podcast and give your business a way to gain more customers and reach more heights of success. Take a glance at these tips for podcasting to get more effective results.
● Plan and Practice : If you have never entered into a territory of creating podcasts, we suggest you must take some time to plan and practice. Ask your employees who have used the podcasts, build a team for research purposes, and construct a plan of how you will initiate and sustain your marketing move.
● Be Realistic : While you are planning, make sure that you know how you are going to manage it. The podcast is a method that eats up a lot of time before its launch; it will require recording, editing, and other fulfillments with proper analysis and assured.
● Invest, Invest, Invest! Remember, when you are starting your podcast journey, it is the moment where you are setting the tone of your brand, so do not hesitate to invest! Use high quality recording gadgets and conduct professional editing to smoothen your final product.
● Trial Runs : Never be too confident with your first podcast. You must perform end-to-end testing on the audio quality, formats, and styles before launching it out in the world.
● Hire Professionals : Your in-house team might be a pro but remember that a professional take on your product can benefit your brand. Thus, try contacting a professional editor who can guide you through the process and develop compelling content.
● Organize and Schedule : Timing always matters; therefore, while you are planning and even going through the process, know your launch date. Schedule the time, event, or occasion that most suits your content and be as close to it as possible.
● Create a Dedicated Page : Promotion is the key to everything; we recommend creating a dedicated page of your podcast on your website and developing a comprehensive promotional strategy for your podcast before the launch.
3. Visual Content
This is the most wide-ranging type of multimedia content that can cater to everyone's needs in an abundance of areas, from social media platforms to websites and various portals.
What is Visual Content?
Video Content is an image-based form of multimedia that includes diagrams, pictures, infographics, charts, picture-centric videos, memes, and much more.
Why is Visual Content Important?
With meaningful images and visual content, businesses can drive in massive customers and boost their brand image. Strong content compels the audience to follow the brand and get attached to it for gaining more insights and benefits.
According to Hubspot, the Social Media Examiner analysis mentioned that visual images are termed as the primary form of content for the businesses by 32% of the marketers.
Best Practices to Create Visual Content
Emphasizing visual content is more likely to open numerous windows of opportunities for your business and help you increase your customers. Peek into the tricks of using visual content in your industry.
● Select Platforms : There are several platforms of social media and websites that you can use to present your visual content. There is no right place, but you must consider using Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, Medium, Pinterest, Twitter, and other mediums to represent your brand with compelling content.
● Know your Audience : You might have already conducted in-depth research on your brand's target audience. However, you must analyze the kind of content they are interested in and which audience they are present. Your Instagram audience will be different from the ones on Twitter, so create accordingly.
● Maintain a Theme : If there is no specific flow to your content marketing strategy, the audience might lose interest way before you can ever predict. So, make sure that you set a particular alignment and theme for your content to get published.
● Keep it Creative : For the audience to stay hooked on your page, you have to keep on your toes and come up with unique content every single time. People are attracted to an out of the box idea, and you must serve them as per their wants because ultimately, the customer is the king.
● Utilize Free Resources : Do you want to get a higher ROI? Well, then be smart and use the free tools available on the internet. You can get free stock photos from places like Unsplash, Pexels, and Pixabay. You can fulfill your editing requirements from Canva or Crello.
● Understand Copyright : When you want to source an image, it is not always easy to duck the copyright shots and claims. Read all the details before using a stock photo or illustration. In case of any ambiguity, you must contact the source before putting the content out there.
4. Interactive Content
This is one of the highly used methods of multimedia by several brands out today. It comes with several benefits, and if you are a brand looking out for some positive turnarounds, you must give it a try.
What is Interactive Content?
Interactive Content is a form of multimedia content that encourages the audience to engage in the content actively. This type of content includes calculators, white papers, assessments, videos, interactive infographics, and much more.
Why is Interactive Content Important?
With all the options already available on the table, how can this format be more unique and attractive?
The answer to this question is that Interactive Content is more likely to increase sales than other forms because it just does not hook the audience within the content. It allows them to be a part of it, and this practice brings them closer to the brand itself.
As per Single Grain, interactive content increases the conversion rate by up to 40% to 50%. Plus, there is a 28% increase because people are interested in sharing these unique and cool activities, making everything better.
Best Practices to Create Interactive Content
If you are keen on lead generation, then this is your time to utilize the best practices to create interactive content for your business and also gain a chance to nurture your audience.
● Be Clear : When you are creating interactive content, you have to be aware of how you will structure it. Know your audience's level and develop it accordingly because if you are targeting teenagers and your content is extremely tough, there is no way they are going to stay hooked.
● Select the Platform : When you plan on posting your interactive content, be sure to know where you will get the most audience. Many brands fail to get the right kind of response because they tend to publish their content on the wrong platform.
● Personalize it : If you are creating infographics or assessments, make sure that you incorporate the personalization strategies. According to Zembula, it is observed that around 74% of the customers are irritated when the content they reach is not personalized.
● Think Visually : No matter how informative or current your content is, the audience will surely pass through it without even noticing if it is not visually appealing. You must add images, illustrations, and graphics that help the audience in understanding the interactive content.
● Keep it Short : Nobody likes to get involved in something that consumes a lot of time, and usually, people hesitate to participate if they think it will take time. So try to keep it as concise as you can!
Multimedia content is a lead generator that can yield powerful insights for nurturing and converting leads into sales. In today's time, there is no one route to generating leads or amplifying your conversion rate. There are many ways to leverage the benefits of multimedia content and set higher goals for the business.
If you need any help with creating multimedia content for your marketing campaigns, you can hire our professional marketing copywriters who can create lead nurturing multimedia content for your business.